Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-15-2017, 08:48 PM   #1
kapoki
Registered Users
seller

Anyone still breastfeeding a 3 yr old?

I'm trying to decide when to wean my younger son, anyone out there still breastfeeding a 3 year old and beyond? When do you stop?

Advertisement

kapoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 03:16 PM   #2
Darkfyre
Registered Users

Re: Anyone still breastfeeding a 3 yr old?

I am still nursing my 5 yo. Only before sleep and not everyday but several times a week. I stopped offering around 4 but I do sometimes say no. I will honestly let him decide. I am now pregnant with #2 so I may need to stop if it gets to uncomfortable.
Do you want to stop? It really is a relationship so if it isn't making you happy you shouldn't feel guilty about quitting. And I would definitely recommend establishing boundaries with a toddler. The relationship grows with both of you and boundaries are part of any healthy relationship.

Last edited by Darkfyre; 05-28-2017 at 03:20 PM.
Darkfyre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 06:49 PM   #3
Meghan0721
Registered Users

Re: Anyone still breastfeeding a 3 yr old?

I nursed my oldest until she was 5, second until he was 4, and third until she was almost 2. I let my older two stop when they were ready and cut off my third off when I just couldn't do it anymore. As in I wanted to crawl out of my skin when she would nurse. I'm still nursing my 13 month old.

If you want to stop because society says your child shouldn't be nursing, I say forget about what they say. If you are doing it because you don't want to do it anymore, that's a valid reason to end the relationship.
Meghan0721 is offline   Reply With Quote