View Poll Results: BFPs allowed in TTC forum?
All BFPs allowed 138 90.20%
No BFPs allowed 15 9.80%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-20-2009, 06:07 PM   #21
kt~mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: ben***katieh
seller

My Mood:
Re: Sounds like it's time to vote... bfps in the ttc forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinKristi View Post
Maybe I'm totally cofused here? Even though it looks like the vast majority are saying yes, if no won, would you not be allowed to post pics in ATTS or JTC? My understanding was that this was to vote on whether or not you should post a seperate thread with BFP/HPT pics in TTC.
i think you're right, that we are just voting on whether there can be bfp threads withing ttc. i have heard concerns about 'clogging up' atts or jtc whichever. plus, for me, it would be sad to post your bfp in a daily thread, when that one gets lost or discarded each day. you'd not have all your stuff in one place. i don't know that it really matters all that much about whether they are in atts vs. their own post, but i do understand the argument that if someone wanted to opt against seeing those bfps it'd be easier to avoid them if they are in their own thread vs. amongst all the other chatter going on in other daily chat thread.

Advertisement

Old 09-20-2009, 06:18 PM   #22
MommyKeller0107
Registered Users
seller

Katie, from what I understand, we're voting if BFPs are to be allowed AT ALL in the TTC forum. If NO wins, there will be absolutely no posting of BFPs in TTC. No posts, anywhere.

Jenna, ITA with you.

L0Ri K

MAMA T0 KADE (1/07)
LEVi (09/10)!

:: & RUBY ♥ ::

Last edited by MommyKeller0107; 09-20-2009 at 06:19 PM.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:00 PM   #23
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMamma38 View Post
I voted to keep bfp's in the TTC forum--(all BFP's) It's not a ttc forum without them.
I chose to open the bfp posts I click on to read or I can chose not to,an easy choice.
If it's a fly by post of a bfp--it's ok w/ me,as I know those will happen.

ALL bfps are to be celebrated!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyKeller0107 View Post
I absolutely agree with Char.. while it's more annoying to see people who are in the "not trying, but what do you think" boat, I'm all for analyzing pee sticks, no matter who's they are
I agree with Char and Lori. I'm not really into seeing "the I wasn't trying posts", but I just don't open those or I just say congrats depending on my mood. I suffer from primary infertility. I still really like looking at other's BFP's. It gives me hope. Days when I didn't want to see them, I avoided them. I, personally, am not into posting them directly in the ATTS or JTC or the "struggling for more" thread. I think when you do that, the ladies who are posting in those groups don't have the option of avoiding seeing them that day. I know for the JTC ladies, it can be very hard to see. So, I told them I got a BFP and gave them a link to my thread if they wanted to see it. But, that's just my
Old 09-20-2009, 07:42 PM   #24
jewelzbird
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You all know what I think...BFP is a baby and I like em!
Old 09-20-2009, 08:16 PM   #25
aerobebe1421
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMamma38 View Post
I voted to keep bfp's in the TTC forum--(all BFP's) It's not a ttc forum without them.
I chose to open the bfp posts I click on to read or I can chose not to,an easy choice.
If it's a fly by post of a bfp--it's ok w/ me,as I know those will happen.

ALL bfps are to be celebrated!

I want my BFP post back....
expecting someone new 11.14
Old 09-20-2009, 08:31 PM   #26
peaches330
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was over here on ATTS for a while and, although it can get annoying when people post their totally obvious BFPs who weren't TTC, I don't think that's a reason to not allow any BFPs because it is such an important part of this forum. If I was having a down day I either wouldn't open any BFP thread or I often found myself only opening the threads from fellow ATTS members or a "help me analyze this stick" thread and would kinda ignore all the other ones . Anyways, I voted allow all BFPs. I don't think the TTC forum would be quite the same without them.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:46 PM   #27
kt~mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: ben***katieh
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyKeller0107 View Post
Katie, from what I understand, we're voting if BFPs are to be allowed AT ALL in the TTC forum. If NO wins, there will be absolutely no posting of BFPs in TTC. No posts, anywhere.

Jenna, ITA with you.
for real?!?! ridiculous!! and how on earth would that be monitored? people's individual posts would have to be deleted if they didn't know the rules?! whoa. i was not thinking this at all. well, either way, i say the bfps should stay no matter if they are in the atts/jtc threads or their own post in ttc.

Last edited by kt~mommy; 09-20-2009 at 08:47 PM.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:55 PM   #28
Melmonkey
Creator Of The Pixie Skirtie<br>www.hyenacart.com/Melmonkeyszoo
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think that posting BFPs are needed to be in the TTC forums.....we are all grown women and we all can choose not to open a BFP thread if we want to. I think that it does stink that we see the threads where the couple was not trying but are blessed with a BFP, and we have a choice to open the thread or not.

How about we never see anyones struggle either, you can't post your pics in your siggy, not little preggy smiley with a countdown, no EDD, because you may offend someone who is struggling.......how ridiculous it that?

JUST AS RIDICULOUS AS NO BFPS IN TTC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep the BFPs here until the one who posted the thread ask for it to be moved, it is her thread, and if she wants to be sensitive to other TTCers she will ask the mods to move the thread
Old 09-20-2009, 10:10 PM   #29
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melmonkey View Post
I think that posting BFPs are needed to be in the TTC forums.....we are all grown women and we all can choose not to open a BFP thread if we want to. I think that it does stink that we see the threads where the couple was not trying but are blessed with a BFP, and we have a choice to open the thread or not.

How about we never see anyones struggle either, you can't post your pics in your siggy, not little preggy smiley with a countdown, no EDD, because you may offend someone who is struggling.......how ridiculous it that?

JUST AS RIDICULOUS AS NO BFPS IN TTC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep the BFPs here until the one who posted the thread ask for it to be moved, it is her thread, and if she wants to be sensitive to other TTCers she will ask the mods to move the thread
Emi Marie, 8.15.14

Old 09-21-2009, 05:38 AM   #30
Tashena
Registered Users
Formerly: BebeBlu
seller

My Mood:

Just because I'm not in ATTS doesn't mean we are not TTC. It's been 9 months now w/ BFN! I don't think that's a good judge.
I voted to keep them.
I don't like when ladies start a new thread each day w/ different pics of it. That's a little harsh.
I say keep them, if they have to be restricted to ATTS, then the group will just grow. No big deal.

Maybe just limit the number of threads started by each person w/ BFP pics.
(Yes, I have someone in mind. )

I am glad it's being considered, however, as it shows the ladies here really do care about each other and their feelings.

OR...
Why not make a "sticky" that folks feelings and hearts are exposed here in this forum and that if you are "not trying" and haven't been active in this forum, to just post your BFP in "Pregnancy." We here in TTC don't know who you are anyway.

Last edited by Tashena; 09-21-2009 at 05:43 AM.
Closed Thread