Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-02-2009, 04:58 PM   #1
nrgburst
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Discriminatory shipping for Canadians?

Maybe this is just me, but recently I've been starting to get annoyed at people charging Canadians a lot extra for shipping. I recently had a mama quote me $10 postage on two diapers. It's really obvious on the USPS website that it costs less than half that... Actually, the more I look up postage myself, the more I've realized it costs EXACTLY as much as domestic US postage for stuff over 13 oz- because then they have to pay Priority.
Thoughts?

Advertisement

nrgburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:01 PM   #2
delicatefade
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Discriminatory shipping for Canadians?

Yeah, I know, and it sucks. I'd stick this in OT if you want more chat though

Holland Grace is here! (14/4/2013)
delicatefade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:42 PM   #3
nrgburst
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicatefade View Post
Yeah, I know, and it sucks. I'd stick this in OT if you want more chat though
Yeah? I'm a little leery of creating possible drama, but I want this knowledge out there. I wish I'd known the difference (or lack thereof) when I first started buying.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:46 PM   #4
vickieboggs
Registered
seller

My Mood:

yup I've noticed it and I REFUSE TO BUY FROM THOSE SELLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that shipping to canada is usually the same or very close to the same as within US (until the package is a certain weight) and then you get mamas adding 5-10$ on for no reason and it is terribly disappointing I don't mind 1-2$though but exact is even nicer!!! I've noticed 2 congos lately on HC do this as well!!!

Lots of WOOLIES for sale, knit, crochet, shorties and longies
vickieboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:00 PM   #5
tquist
Registered Users

My Mood:

As stupid as it is, I have ALWAYS found it more expensive to ship within Canada than to ship to the US...so having said that, whenever I buy something from the States and they insist on charging more I know almost 100% of the time that they don't know what they are talking about.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:06 PM   #6
Jelliebean
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tquist View Post
As stupid as it is, I have ALWAYS found it more expensive to ship within Canada than to ship to the US...so having said that, whenever I buy something from the States and they insist on charging more I know almost 100% of the time that they don't know what they are talking about.
OMG, YES! It's crazy expensive to ship within Canada. It's crazy expensive to ship TO the States, but it's not that bad going from the States to us....but we still get the short end of the stick. Frig, it's almost like we live on the other side of the world or something. We're ATTACHED and it's not that far. That's what I don't get.

The Purple Penguin on DS
Jelliebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:37 PM   #7
nrgburst
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickieboggs View Post
yup I've noticed it and I REFUSE TO BUY FROM THOSE SELLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that shipping to canada is usually the same or very close to the same as within US (until the package is a certain weight) and then you get mamas adding 5-10$ on for no reason and it is terribly disappointing I don't mind 1-2$though but exact is even nicer!!! I've noticed 2 congos lately on HC do this as well!!!
I don't mind paying an extra dollar or two because they have to go to the post office rather than printing the postage at home and then mailing it. Hey, it's an extra step, I'll pay. But doing say, 20ppd for US but 20 plus shipping to Canada is totally unfair.

And word to the within Canada rip-off postage! I just signed a petition about that, but I doubt Canada Post is going to change.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:46 PM   #8
ClothDiaperMePlease
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It might be b/c getting DC costs that much... I think we are all becoming weary of the scammers, and it isn't against Canadian moms.

If they are willing to risk no DC, then the price is almost the same, otherwise it isn't. It was almost $15 for me to ship one diaper with DC and insurance to Canada a while back.
The midwife considers the miracle of childbirth as normal, and leaves it alone unless there's trouble. The obstetrician normally sees childbirth as trouble. If he leaves it alone, it's a miracle.-Sheila Stubbs
ClothDiaperMePlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:47 PM   #9
ClothDiaperMePlease
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

FTR, I ship to Canada with no DC and for the same price unless the items can't be replaced.
The midwife considers the miracle of childbirth as normal, and leaves it alone unless there's trouble. The obstetrician normally sees childbirth as trouble. If he leaves it alone, it's a miracle.-Sheila Stubbs
ClothDiaperMePlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:10 PM   #10
nrgburst
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClothDiaperMePlease View Post
It might be b/c getting DC costs that much... I think we are all becoming weary of the scammers, and it isn't against Canadian moms.

If they are willing to risk no DC, then the price is almost the same, otherwise it isn't. It was almost $15 for me to ship one diaper with DC and insurance to Canada a while back.
Ok, that makes sense for HTF items or huge purchases.