Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-03-2009, 03:41 PM   #11
mgmsrk
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Discriminatory shipping for Canadians?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelliebean View Post
OMG, YES! It's crazy expensive to ship within Canada. It's crazy expensive to ship TO the States, but it's not that bad going from the States to us....but we still get the short end of the stick.

Advertisement

mgmsrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:01 PM   #12
hkenny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

agreed! Its very frustrating. I even find alot of the diaper sites charge us way more to ship. I cant see how it would cost someone shipping from montana to alberta more than montana to texas? We are way closer!! ARRRRR!
I also hate when they say right in the listing they wont ship to canada, its not any harder, and again sometimes I bet it costs less.

I once had someone from the states ask me if I lived in a igloo....they must really think we are uncivilized....well some of them.

I am also a Distributor with It Works! Global- and I LOVE IT!
https://heidik.myitworks.com
hkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:13 PM   #13
groovybaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkenny View Post
I once had someone from the states ask me if I lived in a igloo....they must really think we are uncivilized....well some of them.
wow, I can't believe the thought would even cross someone's mind. kinda funny, kinda sad.
groovybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:38 PM   #14
MySonsClothBum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i just wanted to say, i've had a lot of good luck on this site so far with low shipping costs from US sellers. sometimes only $1 more was charged for shipping to me. even when i look on retailer sites..i don't order, like, EVER, but i find and bookmark the sites with low shipping($8.00 and under). and yes, even with USD, it's still a good deal because the dipes themself are cheaper too.

but if it helps to empathize...i've had some bad ebay issues with high shipping costs!
MySonsClothBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:39 PM   #15
MySonsClothBum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkenny View Post

oh dear!
just so you know, i've heard interesting/rude comments from ONTARIANS about other Provinces.

can't we all just get along?
MySonsClothBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:04 AM   #16
togg_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClothDiaperMePlease View Post
It might be b/c getting DC costs that much... I think we are all becoming weary of the scammers, and it isn't against Canadian moms.

If they are willing to risk no DC, then the price is almost the same, otherwise it isn't. It was almost $15 for me to ship one diaper with DC and insurance to Canada a while back.

Exactly. If it gets "lost" the mama sending it is at the mercy of the receiver. Sorry, but I don't have that kind of money laying around.
togg_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:48 AM   #17
rachaellindsey
Registered Users
seller

I'm confused. I had a Canadian mama ask me if I'd ship to Canada and I looked up what the difference would be - the two diapers weigh 8 ounces, in the US the most it would cost me to send is $2.07 via First Class Mail (priority would be like $4.50). But to Canada it is $6.77 or for Priority it is like $12. Am I missing something? I don't want to overcharge her & I also don't want to lose out $5 on a $15 purchase!

And what about delivery confirmation or other stuff? How do others handle this? Do they just take the risk? I'm sure she won't want to pay $12 for DC on $15 diapers!

Help!?
rachaellindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:42 PM   #18
House of Blue
Registered Users
seller

90% of the diapers I've purchased off this site are from the US. I've never seen more than a $3 postage charge on an envelope. I'd suggest ignoring what you see online and going to the PO to ship. It's seriously only pennies more to ship to Canada from the States. I'd be willing to pay a dollar more to a US seller for shipping... More than that is unethical to ask and it's a nice sized heads up as a CDN buyer that the seller is shady and it's best you don't deal with them anyway
House of Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:44 PM   #19
momma4of6
Registered Users
seller

Thats just not fair...sorry you were quoted 10 to ship..they must have been guessing...I have and do ship to canada..if its under 13 oz, its really not a big deal in shipping, at most its only a 2.00 difference...although over 13 oz is normally expensive..

that being said, I would stay away from the sellers trying to charge you thriple the fee, and go with sellers that will do actual shipping for canada..sorry, I feel for you canadian moms i know it must be frustrating
Old 10-04-2009, 12:46 PM   #20
momma4of6
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachaellindsey View Post
I'm confused. I had a Canadian mama ask me if I'd ship to Canada and I looked up what the difference would be - the two diapers weigh 8 ounces, in the US the most it would cost me to send is $2.07 via First Class Mail (priority would be like $4.50). But to Canada it is $6.77 or for Priority it is like $12. Am I missing something? I don't want to overcharge her & I also don't want to lose out $5 on a $15 purchase!

And what about delivery confirmation or other stuff? How do others handle this? Do they just take the risk? I'm sure she won't want to pay $12 for DC on $15 diapers!

Help!?
I just looked up a shipping total for canada...it was for 9 oz, and cost right over 4.00....I think it quoted you wrong