Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-10-2006, 06:45 AM   #11
Carrie
Registered Users

Re: EASY WEEKNIGHT MEALS???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommalilac
I have also fallen inlove with the birdseye steamfreash veggies, there super easy when your in a hurry just toss it in and work on the rest of the meal.
Me too! You just pop 'em in the microwave when you are finishing the meal and they are sooooo good. And the perfect amount for a family. I have been eating my veggies since finding these!

Great ideas mama!

Advertisement

Old 05-10-2006, 06:58 AM   #12
bethanyjoy
Registered Users

http://www.kraftfoods.com OK, so I'm obviously NOT a gourmet chef LMBO But there are a lot of really easy dinner ideas on this website.

I love dinner salads, too - taco salad, Chicken Caesar, Chicken BLT, Teriyaki Beef...helps get your veggies in for the day, and there's minimal dishes to clean up.

Budget tip: I don't use the actual Kraft ingredients, I usually buy store brand instead because it's tons cheaper.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:49 PM   #13
artemis33
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommalilac
we have also made chicken nuggest and batter dipped and pan fry with a little olive oil the roll them in the lemon/honey/soy mixture then roll them in unhaulled sesame seeds

I also make wheat dough I freeze about 50 little round balls for roll's and I make about 4 pizza crusts.
Great ideas!!

What do you use for your "chicken nugget" batter? I used to have a great recipe that used buttermilk, but I can't have dairy right now so I am seeking alternatives.

Also, what is your dough recipe? If you don't mind sharing

thanks

Last edited by artemis33; 05-12-2006 at 07:50 PM.
artemis33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 08:02 PM   #14
artemis33
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Some of our quick meal ideas...

ON the day I grocery shop, I often buy a roasted chicken and serve it that night. I only have to prepare the sides.

I use the leftovers to make chicken sandwiches, chicken salad, chicken pot pie (I have a great recipe but it isn't fast!), chicken soup...something like that. Then I toss the carcass in the crock pot with some veggies and make broth out of it.

Quesadillas are fast and can be made a variety of ways.

I make a fritatta about once a week or so - the basic ingredients of eggs and potatoes I always have on hand and I add whatever veggies I need to use up. You can toss in whatever cheese goes with the veggies (or leave it out - since I can't have dairy right now I usually put cheese in half for DH and either leave it out of mine or use a little veganrella).

I make turkey burgers about once a week and serve with a salad and Cascadian Farms Organic Spud Puppies . I love those things - they are like tater tots, but not GM or with any wierd bad ingredients. I toss those in the oven first - they take about 15-20 minutes to bake - and then grill or pan fry the burgers while they cook. I buy organic mixed baby greens, so I just put it on the plate and there's dinner.

I used to make grilled cheese or grilled turkey and cheese with tomato soup for a fast meal.

Chicken fajitas are pretty fast - esp. if you can cut up the chicken the night before and put it in the marinade. Yum! I serve a salad on the side and sometimes cook up some black beans for the side.

Sweet potato black bean burritos are delicious and fast if you bake the potato the day before. Or when I was still working I'd put it in the oven first thing in the am while I was getting ready and then pull it out before I left. I sometimes add chicken to this.

Hmmnn.. I might add some ideas later but my dinner is ready now!!
artemis33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 10:40 PM   #15
ZooCrew10
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

babe in arms - bear w/me----keep in mind we have a big family, 9 of 10 eat, so downsize accordingly.

1-2 lbs ground beef (veal, turkey) cooked w/ or w/out diced onion & BBQ or sloppy joe sauce
1-2 lb cheese of choice or mix it up & toss in a blend of 'em
1-2 packages of flaky bisquits (kids LOVE this part) flatten bisquits in the
palm of hand, layer on bottom of casserole/lasagna dish, then add meat, top w/cheese, then another layer of flattened bisquits, cook at 400 until top is golden.

This is also great with chopped up ham & swiss cheese added in, yum!
ZooCrew10 is offline   Reply With Quote