Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-25-2006, 12:01 PM   #11
Jaz_Trio
Registered Users

Re: Did/do yout have a cut-off age for nursing in public?

Zachary is 29 1/2 months old and we still nurse whenever and where ever he wants to, mostly. Unless I am standing in line at the drug store or driving, or in the middle of something...I usually bring a carrier with me, so if walking I can do it even then! I never EVER though I would be at this point, when Z was a baby and we went to a LLL meeting I thought the woman nursing her 3 year old whom could pull up her shirt was kinda (dont hate me) gross, but now....um that's ME!

Advertisement

Old 04-25-2006, 12:41 PM   #12
eoster58
Registered Users

DS is 14 months and we still nurse in public. It's funny, though, I feel less comfortable nursing around my family lately, and have been going to another room to comfort him...but that's a story for another time (argh).
eoster58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 03:06 PM   #13
Yarn Hollow
Registered Users

I didn't really nurse my son in public very much, as I was too self-conscious. I did give him EBM in bottles, though, and sometimes I did nurse him in public, just went to another room. With my DS, I nursed in public all the time, and occasionally still do. She's 22 months now, and doesn't ask to have milk very often when we are in public, unless she's stressed, like at church nursery or after swimming. I do typically give in to her requests for milk, unless we're at the grocery store checkout or something like that.

Hi Emily! It's Rita from So. Kent LLL.
Yarn Hollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 03:46 PM   #14
Shaineinok
Registered Users
seller

No not really but I did offer alternatives if I considered it more of a want than a need. Both mine went through a stage of trying to see if they could in odd places but not really having a need to. I ebf dd1 till almost 3 and dd2 is still ebf at 18m. I nursed her at a theme park last week and just used dh extra shirt as a nice cover. Worked very well! I will say once they get older its pretty easy to ask them to wait till you get to the car or home rather than trying to find a comfy spot in walmart or something!
Shaineinok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 04:16 PM   #15
eoster58
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarn Hollow

Hi Emily! It's Rita from So. Kent LLL.
Rita! I should have known you would be hanging around here

We miss you at LLL
eoster58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 04:26 PM   #16
deliarose
Registered Users
seller

I really don't have the issue of nursing my DD in public. She is so busy that it doesn't seem to cross her mind that she wants yum, yums. I have found it awkward with family too, so we just got elsewhere if they are around.
deliarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 01:44 PM   #17
akrab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You know I never even thought about this LOL I Just feed as he needs. ds will be 18 months on May 9th... he is not a big boy... only about 24lbs, not much hair on his head... still seems *little* to me. I hadnt even thought anything about feeding him where or when... if he needs it / wants it he gets it!
Old 05-07-2006, 11:35 PM   #18
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

mine is 14 months and i bf in public, we were on the bus a couple days ago, and didnt have a problem with it...
as well as walmart, and petco, lol
would have been more places but it was raining and i ran to catch the bus home so i wouldnt have to wait for it in the rain the next hour lol
i dont have a problem with it, thomas does, he tries to cover me up, but thats just cause hes seen some guys looking andd oesnt like it, and cause he was raised to think the whole boobs are sexual thing and thinks our sons gonna be obsessed with boobs as he grows up, not really cause hes eating...
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 12:18 AM   #19
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No cut off line for us! My boy is almost 19 months and I think his comfort is very important and if he needs to comfort nurse in public I let him. I am like another lady and I feel more comfortable nusing in public than in front of my inlaws.
greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 09:20 AM   #20
mommypatton521
Banned
seller

My Mood:

well my dd cannot nurse in public b/c she just can't concentrate lol i don't think i'd have a cutoff age though even if she did
mommypatton521 is offline   Reply With Quote