Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-23-2009, 02:27 PM   #121
Registered Users
Re: Who is STILL pregnant!?

Still here.. it's looking like I'll likely have a January baby, ah well... worse things have happened . I'd rather he wait until our family doctor is here to deliver him, and she's gone until the 28th anyway. *Sigh*... just so tired of being pregnant!

Hercun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:33 AM   #122
Registered Users
Re: Who is STILL pregnant!?

Still PG here. If the dr would have had their way, I would either still be in the hospital or taken the baby home with me in arms. But, alas, they were being very reasonable. I don't think the nurses have EVER seen a mother 12 days overdue to go home to wait it out. LOL It is very normal for me to go overdue though, I have MANY very overdue healthy babies to show for it. The dr that was willing to do a gentle induction on me, a VBAC momma going on her 7th VBAC, let me go home to wait it out. The other drs believe in RCS or stay on hospital bedrest.

I went in for high BP readings and headaches. They kept me, but all my tests were great. The NSTs were great. So, after 80 hrs in, they let me go home. I didn't get worse, the baby was great, and I figured instead of a RCS, the full moon here, that we could just wait on home bedrest. The one dr that admitted me was totally agreeable to this as long as I have my DH to get me right back over there at a drop of the hat; for BP spikes, decreased baby movement, or early labor.

No New Year's Eve baby, to my DH's disappointment, and so far, no New Year baby either. I think bedrest could be hindering labor, but maybe not. Babies come when they come. So, I have a NST scheduled (per drs suggestion) for Monday at 16 days overdue. I was willing to just postpone the RCS I had made for yesterday to Monday, but he knew that I really didn't want an RCS, so he said NST and go from there. Amazing dr, that is for sure. Kymberli
fwlady is offline   Reply With Quote