Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-30-2006, 06:57 AM   #21
wanamingomommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Kushies at Walmart

I like kushies on our ds. He's in the next size bigger than infant. I don't know if we'll use aio's period on our next newborn. With all the liquid poop, I would be afraid of staining them badly, that's just me. But does Walmart carry more than just the infant size?

Advertisement

wanamingomommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 07:01 AM   #22
cblurose
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow! At least they are "allowing" some form of cloth diaper...even if it's not "the best".
cblurose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 07:01 AM   #23
Sarah
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I have some Kushies pfs. They don't work for us,but they are cute and make nice burp clothes.
I also have some kushies covers,they feel a little like a rubber boot on the inside,but do hold in breastfeed poo nicely and come in cute designs. I wish they were a little more breathable,but they work OK

Sarah
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 08:01 AM   #24
upstategirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wouldn't worry. I have never tried kushies but, don't think they are the best cloth out there. There will be moms who still buy from WAHM because they put out a better product. I think mom's who buy Kushies from wallmart will be mom's who want to dabble in the cloth but, really don't know anything about it.
upstategirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 08:22 AM   #25
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

IMO it might actually boost sales, not hurt sales. like other mamas said it'll plant the seed. for me personally when i find something i'm interested in i always hunt out a better deal or a better product for the same price lol. like cloth for example....i figured out i wanted to do it, then found a couple websites, then started hunting on ebay, then someone i bought a few things off of on ebay told me about diaper swappers..from there it just all started flying at me!!!! so IMO it'll plant the seed, then eventually boost sales up.
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 11:00 AM   #26
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Babies-R-Us (and I believe target.com and amazon.com) has had Kushies for a while. I remember looking at them when I was pregnant with DJ and thinking they were expensive!! It was when I was searching for feedback and bargains on them that I found out about other cloth options and got sucked into the secret underworld of cloth! I got a bunch of Kushies fitteds as hand-me-downs right after I switched DJ to cloth and they were fine. I think they were all flannel so they were pretty trim but not super absorbent. The velcro closures were not the greatest, but they were fine for a couple of hours around the house.

The big thing is that they planted the seed. Until I saw those, I thought cloth diapering meant prefolds, pins, and rubber pants. Same with Gerber trainers. I knew I didn't want to use Pull-ups with DJ so I bought some Gerber AIO trainers at Target for like $6/pack of 3. I found out that cloth trainers are definitely the way to go, but I thought they could be better so I started looking around and found Snap-Ez and some of the other better trainers. If Target and Gerber hadn't gotten my foot in the door, I probably would not be doing cloth at all right now. I think it's a good thing that Walmart is bringing cloth to the attention of the mainstream world. If you're a WAHM who sells Kushies, you may take a little bit of a hit, but I kind of hope that the online diaper stores keep carrying them so that when someone sees them at Walmart and then searches online, they'll find out about other options.
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 11:14 AM   #27
lilmama2dsndd
Boobies Broke? Gorilla Glue Em!!!
seller

My Mood:

I use the Kushies AIO on DS and love them, they are trim and work well overnight (and my DS is a super heavy wetter). They also have the extra inserts that are super-trim. And I haven't had any staining problems either (even after our recent bout with liquid poop). I still prefer FBs for DD because of the stay dry fleece and want more BGs for DS for the same reason (DS is allergic to fleece), but I can't afford them. I agree that they are not the super-cutest out there, but they are not ugly by any means for and it is such a great price! I think it was $42 for 5 toddler sized ones and no shipping with their site to store program. I wouldn't worry about it hurting WAHMs because it will give the CD world more exposure and those of us who use them because of the price can't buy WHAM wares anyway for the same reason (at least in my case).
Old 05-30-2006, 11:27 AM   #28
bamamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we couldnt have babies for YEARS! and during that time i wascollecting baby stuff like crazy! I went to a huge consignment sale in a major metro near us, and discovered something so cute....a pepto bismol pink flannel diaper with velcro tabs....it said Kooshies on the label. I found two of them, plus some other odds and ends. I went home, and started digging through the dozen or so cloth diaper catalogs i had, and Voila!! I found Kooshies!! Soon to be renamed Kushies......

I kept my eyes open for more, and eventually found them onclearance in a baby boutique./ I bought all they had and put them onlayaway....so we had fifteen white classics, five white AIO's, and 2 pink.

I thought I was high styling!! No one in my family had ever heard of cloth dipes other than pins and prefolds.

Then we ordered Toddler size ones from Choosey Diapers...and got cute prints. Those prints are still holding up today!

These kushies have worked almost as an aio on dd, but on ds he had to have a cover!

And yes, once i experienced kushies, it went to fb, and hemp, and swaddlebees....ack! i've been sucked in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bamamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 11:36 AM   #29
Cottonspuds Boutique
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DO you know what kushies AIO are made of?
Ever cut one open?
I have and EWWWWWWWW

First of all, the diaper off gases for about 3 days after you open them because of all the chemicals it takes to make em.

THE SOAKER...ARE YOU READY FOR THIS? THE SOAKER IS MADE FROM FLANNEL 2 layers if -I am remebering correctly & NASTY POLYESTER BATTENING! HINTS WHAT THEY SMELL SO BAD SO FAST!

POLYESTER HOLDS ON TO ODORS LIKE NO TOMORROW!

also......AIO should always be washed insideout so this is a bit ahrd because these are aplix.

this is coming from a cd veteran of 16 yrs!
Old 05-30-2006, 11:51 AM   #30
bamamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i didnt care for the aios....their pul was a bit scratchy to me. now i have discovered bumkins aio pul....Ahhhhhhh

i always use the kushies classic now.
bamamom is offline   Reply With Quote