Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-26-2010, 02:32 PM   #21
monica-m
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Houston Thread!

I'm in Pearland. DS is only 2 months old but I would be interested in meeting other CD mamas in the area.

Advertisement

monica-m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 02:41 PM   #22
SpartyGuard
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We're thinking about maybe moving to Pearland next year!
SpartyGuard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:45 PM   #23
monica-m
Registered Users

My Mood:

I grew up in Houston and I have lived in Pearland for a little over two years. I really like it out here.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:40 PM   #24
amberleigh
Registered Users

I love Bebe Verde. I used to live right down the street from the store. I wish the area of Houston I currently live in was more open to CDing!
amberleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:13 PM   #25
TexasMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hi ladies, I also live in Houston. Hmm I didn't know Bebe Verde closed. The owner is in my Mom's group. Oops. Great to know about Nurtured Family. I didn't know there were stores with new CDs. I did see that Children's Carousel in Katy has new and used CDs, but I haven't had time to visit. Anyway, hello!
TexasMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:33 PM   #26
CrimpleDimple
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm from the Houston area!! Well, more torwards the coast but I occasionally make trips to Houston! It's about an hour drive ....I've been to Nurtured Family and that's acutally where I started my stash! The woman there explained a lot to me and helped me decide which diapers would be best for my family! I would definitely shop there again but it's just too far a drive.
CrimpleDimple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 09:29 PM   #27
d&asdna
Registered Users

I live in Katy and would be soooo open to getting together, though I don't know what RDA means. Guess you can tell, I'm kinda new to this. I have been to Nurtured Family and liked it, but it was far! (Too me- we are new here and there may be faster ways than GPS took us!) The children's carousel (sp?) is great- the owner is super nice, but the selection is slim. Today we went to Young and Restless on Bella off of 610. I had much more luck in their consignment section, but less in the diaper section. Again, the ladies were super nice and said that I could get their WAHM supplier to make me a Texas Tech diaper in large. YAY! However, that WAHM doesn't do natural fabric next to the baby which is what I want. I really wish I could find a local mom that could make me some quality, cute, AIOs that are OS and organicy and not for too much $$ since that is limited. I know! ALL I want is the moon, right? Any suggestions??
Thanks ya'll!
d&asdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:36 PM   #28
monica-m
Registered Users

My Mood:

You should join us for the the Y&R diaper chat. It is held on the second Tuesday of every month at 10am. I have only been attending for a couple of months and it consists of a great group of ladies that are very knowledgeable about CD.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:44 PM   #29
kktegan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm also from Clear Lake! I have heard of Nurtured Family, but it is a little far. Have you heard of www.babynaturallyllc.com? She is a mom out of League City who sells Cloth Diapers and she has local pickup.
kktegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:00 AM   #30
cboytitan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I loaded DS up and drove from Baytown to Nurtured Family two weeks ago - it took about an hour - which isn't that bad actually. It was TOTALLY worth the drive. I really wanted to check out their selection and see some dipes in person before purchasing them. I ended up buying 6 FuzziBunz. I will definitely drive out there again.

It is highly likely that I may be losing my job in the next month or so - and am considering opening a CDing store in Baytown; along with re-sale. I've always wanted to have a re-sale shop; but now I'm really getting into CDing, and think it might be a good - I think the East side needs it.
cboytitan is offline   Reply With Quote