Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2014, 08:45 AM   #1
Agla's Avatar
Agla
Super Admin
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14,519
My Mood:
My new favorite kitchen gadget: Instant Pot

I've been wanting to try a pressure cooker for a long time. My mom was always saying that she missed making beans in a pressure cooker but then would tell me horror stories about getting scalded.

Knowing my life I knew that my best bet would be to get something with an automatic shut off. I ended up getting this:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

[IMG][/IMG]

I am using it all the time and I'm still figuring out all the uses. It was pricey but I am using it at least once a day, sometimes two.

Anyone have a new favorite kitchen gadget?

edited to add: I sound like an infomercial. I don't work for them, I just happen to really like the pot.

Advertisement

__________________
Here to help if I can.
Shameless referral links: Soft Star shoes are awesome. Buy them here. PM me your email for 15% of your first Boden purchase.I use Republic Wireless and I will gladly answer any questions.

Last edited by Agla; 10-10-2014 at 08:47 AM.
Agla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 08:55 AM   #2
saraley's Avatar
saraley
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 4,004
My Mood:
Re: My new favorite kitchen gadget: Instant Pot

I jave this on my christmas wish list!!
__________________
Sarah- Married to my "Nebraska Farmer" 1/09;
SAHM to Barrett 7/12 (and Lovin' every minute of it)
saraley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 09:25 AM   #3
Agla's Avatar
Agla
Super Admin
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14,519
My Mood:
Re: My new favorite kitchen gadget: Instant Pot

Quote:
Originally Posted by saraley View Post
I jave this on my christmas wish list!!
Do you really?!!??

No one I know has heard of it. They kind of looked at me like I was nutty when I described it.

How did you hear about it?
__________________
Here to help if I can.
Shameless referral links: Soft Star shoes are awesome. Buy them here. PM me your email for 15% of your first Boden purchase.I use Republic Wireless and I will gladly answer any questions.
Agla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 09:33 AM   #4
saraley's Avatar
saraley
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 4,004
My Mood:
Re: My new favorite kitchen gadget: Instant Pot

Our family is trying to go %100 homemade - so i was searching for a yogurt maker and a presure cooker and came acrossed it- i cant wait to try it when i get my hands on it.
__________________
Sarah- Married to my "Nebraska Farmer" 1/09;
SAHM to Barrett 7/12 (and Lovin' every minute of it)
saraley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 09:38 AM   #5
mykidsaremyheart's Avatar
mykidsaremyheart
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,108
Re: My new favorite kitchen gadget: Instant Pot

My sil gave my mil one for Christmas a couple of years ago. As far as I know she still hasn't used it.

I use a pressure cooker. The aluminum kind of worries me though. What does the inside of yours look like? Is it aluminum too?
__________________
My *blessings* came in '02, '06, '08, '11, '13, '16
mykidsaremyheart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 09:45 AM   #6
Agla's Avatar
Agla
Super Admin
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14,519
My Mood:
Re: My new favorite kitchen gadget: Instant Pot

Quote:
Originally Posted by saraley View Post
Our family is trying to go %100 homemade - so i was searching for a yogurt maker and a presure cooker and came acrossed it- i cant wait to try it when i get my hands on it.
My dh was put on the DASH diet. I wanted a quick option to make beans without prepping once a week and freezing or using canned.

I made yogurt for the first time this week. The cooking takes a long time but the process is really simple.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsaremyheart View Post
My sil gave my mil one for Christmas a couple of years ago. As far as I know she still hasn't used it.

I use a pressure cooker. The aluminum kind of worries me though. What does the inside of yours look like? Is it aluminum too?
Borrow it for a long time.

The inner pot is stainless steal. I can take a picture.
__________________
Here to help if I can.
Shameless referral links: Soft Star shoes are awesome. Buy them here. PM me your email for 15% of your first Boden purchase.I use Republic Wireless and I will gladly answer any questions.
Agla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 09:49 AM   #7
mykidsaremyheart's Avatar
mykidsaremyheart
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,108
Re: My new favorite kitchen gadget: Instant Pot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla View Post
My dh was put on the DASH diet. I wanted a quick option to make beans without prepping once a week and freezing or using canned.



I made yogurt for the first time this week. The cooking takes a long time but the process is really simple.









Borrow it for a long time.



The inner pot is stainless steal. I can take a picture.

Hahahaha! I wish I had the guts to borrow it for a long time!

Stainless steel! That may have me sold! I'll have to look more into it. I'm assuming you are using dried beans, how long does it take to cook?
__________________
My *blessings* came in '02, '06, '08, '11, '13, '16
mykidsaremyheart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 10:43 AM   #8
qsefthuko's Avatar
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 18,592
Re: My new favorite kitchen gadget: Instant Pot

Your mother prefers pressure cooked beans? I bought a pressure cooker/canner and cooked beans in it. The flavor isn't as good as just cooking them the longer way I thought. Kind of bland even though I put all the same ingredients into the pot. I love my pressure cooker but never use it as a pressure cooker, just as a really large, very sturdy pot for bulk cooking.

My favorite kitchen gadget is an emersion blender or hand held blender. I use them for everything. Wear mine out so I don't feel bad putting out for an expensive one that lasts longer.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 10:48 AM   #9
qsefthuko's Avatar
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 18,592
Re: My new favorite kitchen gadget: Instant Pot

I checked it out. Looks really nice. Do they have a larger version though?
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 11:05 AM   #10
mykidsaremyheart's Avatar
mykidsaremyheart
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,108
Re: My new favorite kitchen gadget: Instant Pot

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
Your mother prefers pressure cooked beans? I bought a pressure cooker/canner and cooked beans in it. The flavor isn't as good as just cooking them the longer way I thought. Kind of bland even though I put all the same ingredients into the pot. I love my pressure cooker but never use it as a pressure cooker, just as a really large, very sturdy pot for bulk cooking.



My favorite kitchen gadget is an emersion blender or hand held blender. I use them for everything. Wear mine out so I don't feel bad putting out for an expensive one that lasts longer.

I haven't tried pressure cooking beans yet. That's good to know they don't taste the same. Maybe it has a different taste with the stainless steel?
__________________
My *blessings* came in '02, '06, '08, '11, '13, '16
mykidsaremyheart is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.