Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-30-2016, 06:21 AM   #1
vintagegyrl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Pls help me Simplify my stash!!

Is there a way to simplify cloth for a 18-mo toddler who is sensitive to PUL in the summer but Is resisting the diaper at all?

I would LOVE to just use prefolds & wool but he fights getting a diaper on. I can usually win if I have a pull up style, like a ME Toddler fitted & wool shorts.

But even tho we use play wool he is messy and I can't keep up with washing the wool even tho I have it down to a science...

I do have 4 Nicky Covers that I can use under clothing. But this second step just adds to his frustration.

Time to potty train?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement

Old 07-30-2016, 07:49 AM   #2
missydawn
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Pls help me Simplify my stash!!

All 18 month Olds for the most part are hard to change. I use to put mine on the ground and put one leg over them to keep them still. You could try pad folding in a cover and that makes less to put on but I was the same with wool at that stage. My boys loved to play and get dirty and that means the wool would get dirty too.

As for the potty training 18 mo in boys is young and until he shows signs like he doesn't like being wet, asking for diaper changes, or wanting to sit on the potty then he is not ready.
Homeschool Buyer CO-OP = Great Homeschool Deals
missydawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 07:51 AM   #3
Featherhead
Registered Users

Have you tried fleece? It's not quite as nice as wool, but way easier to care for.
Featherhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 10:18 AM   #4
BlissfullMom888
Registered Users

I used to have my toddler coverless in a fitted most of the time. Wool pull ons were great when needed. A nice distraction at changing time can help. Most toddlers love mom or dad's phone!
BlissfullMom888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 12:38 PM   #5
bbammu
Registered Users
seller

I have the same struggle with my 19 month old. She started fighting diaper changes at 14 month old and we had some success with elimination communication and she was out of diapers for awhile. Then for a variety of reasons she won't pee in the toilet and I can't keep up, so she's back in diapers again. Her skin is sensitive to wetness so I change at every pee (she tells me when she pees). I can't keep up with washing wool so just use a pull up cover with padfolded flat. She pulls off other types of diapers.

Sent from my SM-J5108 using Tapatalk
bbammu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 10:08 PM   #6
vintagegyrl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherhead View Post
Have you tried fleece? It's not quite as nice as wool, but way easier to care for.

No, fleece is too hot right now. And he really needs breathable wool. He's very sensitive and only will sleep thru the night in wool, too.

Old 08-06-2016, 10:11 PM   #7
vintagegyrl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissfullMom888 View Post
I used to have my toddler coverless in a fitted most of the time. Wool pull ons were great when needed. A nice distraction at changing time can help. Most toddlers love mom or dad's phone!

Thanks! So yes I figured out. ODC & ME toddle-ease fitteds and interlock shorts are going to have to work for now.

I do have pull-up PUL covers but he gets heat rash in that, too.

Old 08-06-2016, 11:38 PM   #8
threekstrio
Registered Users
seller

Have you tried an MEAF cover pre snapped and used as a pull on cover? It has so much breathability because of the airflow!! I have some I cold sell if you'd like to try them. They're fantastic for sensitivity like that and just overall.
threekstrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 10:05 AM   #9
greysmama
Registered Users
seller

A mom in the flats and hand washing challenge padfolded flats and pinned them inside her wool covers and used as trainers.

Made me think it might be neat to add snaps to "inserts" and snaps inside a interlock cover. I prefer interlock if I'm having to wash more often as its way easier.
greysmama is offline   Reply With Quote