Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-30-2006, 07:34 AM   #11
FitMommyOf2
I wish I could turn the tide!
seller

My Mood:
Re: Over due please get this baby out

Sending you tons of

Advertisement

Old 05-30-2006, 05:42 PM   #12
sharleen (DCDiapers)
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Another day and still no baby.......

Send more labor dust please LOL.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:24 PM   #13
Sarah0903
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well I hope it happens soon for you. I remember how long it was to wait for the momment. Goodluck!
Sarah0903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 07:49 PM   #14
mamas120
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was 2 weeks over due w/ my first dd and didn't do much to get her to come until I seriously couldn't handle it any more, my grammy told me to go bowling - I did I bowled 2 games and lost my plug at the bowling alley! Then I came home and started contracting at 1 am and went to hospital at 6 am.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:26 PM   #15
jamreed02
Registered Users

you can try everything under the sun... nothing worked for me except pitocin (which I DONT recommend: it makes labor harder, and the chances of going without drugs much slimmer) I really wish I would have just waited it out.

My best advice is to distract yourself! If you haven't learned to crochet, DO IT! that was great! I made a baby blanket for DS, and I cherish it (he likes it too, I suppose!) Get a few new novels from the library, and veg out. Try to let your mind wander away from being pregnant. And do stuff that won't be too easy once baby is here: go to the movies at least twice. have sex if it's still comfy. visit friends. Go swimming!!! oh, that's a great thought! If you feel like a whale on land, you'll love the weightless feeling once you're in the water!!! (be careful not to do that one if you suspect your water broke, though) If you've got the money, go to a spa, get a manicure and pedicure, whatever you need to do to get the days off your mind!

And hide that evil, evil calendar! Stop crossing off the days! I always tell my friends to expect the baby to be a week late, and then if he comes on the due date, what a great suprise! but soooo many babies are "late", especially if the doc used that wheel to calculate the due date. So far, I'm three for three with late babies! But you'll forget all about it once he/she is here!

oh, and tell all your family/friends that keep asking "you STILL here" or "when u gonna pop?" or "still pregnant?" to knock it off!
jamreed02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 09:29 PM   #16
jamreed02
Registered Users

Thumbs up Re: Over due please get this baby out

okay... just realized you're only 2 days late! you may have a longer ride than I thought! LOL... Pick out something that you've always wanted to learn about, and go learn! And it's a great time to go to flea markets and craft shows, just bring plenty of water. If you get dehydrated, you'll start contracting, but it'll just be false contractions, and they'll stop and just leave you bummed out.
jamreed02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 09:37 PM   #17
akrab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sorry hon I know how it is to be SO preggo and want the baby out... enjoy your last days with him inside you though. He/she will come out when he is ready. Due dates are estimated, they arent actual, only your body knows when that lil one is done baking.. .while he is inside you is the safest time that lil one will ever be! dont rush him/her out into this world... I know it is hard. I was actually depressed the day my baby was born ( before I went into labor) I was due to be induced the next day, and all I could think about was that was the last day I would have him all to myself, feel him kick, hiccup, push, inside my belly. I was 9 days overdue... he decided to come on his own before induction which I was glad to have him do that but I never ( even after 5 children) never understand the rush to not be pregnant anymore... especially after trying so hard to be PG LOL
HUGS!
Old 05-30-2006, 09:44 PM   #18
akrab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I will add... with my 4th DC.... I was due for induction the day before Thanksgiving... I did not want to be in the hospital on Thanksgiving... so due to much of a friends prodding ( who did this and had her baby almost 3 weeks early) I followed her advice, dove to the pharmacy and bought a bottle of castor oil... I then drove to McDonalds and bought a small chocolate shake.... I proceeded to mix the oil into the shake and guzzle it down on my way home ( a 30 minute rive) by the time I got home I was having contractions ( about 1:30pm) I went to the bathroom several times that day... contractions going on... I ignored them... let dh go to wrok, water broke at 9:30pm, had to haev dh come home right away , ds was born at 11:15 pm! I never believed I was inlabor until my water broke... even after the ease of all of it I always felt guilty of "forcing him out"... so with my dc5 I went overdue and let him come on my own. Only one of my children ( #3) was induced because of the Dr and I never want to do that again!
Old 05-30-2006, 10:15 PM   #19
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

i am with the other mama's on the induction...it normally involves pitocin which i've done twice now...the first time i think the hospital was just trying to rush things along b/c there really was no need for it. second time i was on so many things to PREVENT my labor i really had no choice. it's evil stuff though! anyhow baby will come when it's time i promise mama. just enjoy being able to be the only one to "hold" him or her right now, b/c soon everyone will want to and he/she won't just be yours anymore. other than that continue to relax and nest and walk and relax and nest and walk lol.
as for things to start you up....my dad took my mom on a car ride on some road that had tons of hills and that did the trick for getting my oldest sister out lol. i had my membranes stripped too and did what must've been hundreds of lunges and jumping jacks that night too and was in the hospital the next day. (of course then they just had to "speed" things up with pitocin, blah) i was 5 when they stripped mine and i'd have to say that hurt like a son of a gun....but so can labor lol.
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 06:16 AM   #20
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yeah i had to be induced too over 2 weeks late- for sure on dates... but it wasnt cause i was tired of being pregnant, or whatever i just knew he needed out.. anyway

the evening primrose helped to soften my cervix at least though

and yeah id saydefinitely make sure you spend your time remembering the little kicks and stuff, i miss that so much!! i was really sad that i wouldnt feel him anymore, and thats part of why i wasnt in such a hurry to get him out too!!
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote