Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-28-2016, 06:37 PM   #1
elienai
Registered Users
Formerly: Desert_Rose
seller
seller

Super healthy mama?? Chime in!!

I'd like any and all mamas to chime in and give their words of wisdom on health and supplements for mamas-to-be.

What do you take and why?

Any known ways to greatly improve your blood health?

Support for baby while still pregnant?

Preparing for birth?

Tips for producing rich nutirous milk for baby?

Advertisement

elienai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 06:57 AM   #2
Blessedmama777
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Super healthy mama?? Chime in!!

I can give you what I do.

I take a prenatal all the time. Well, when I remember, which I don't always! It is from Garden of Life. By taking it all the time, I am taking before/while pregnant, so the growing baby has what they need; and than taking it while nursing, gives my nursing baby vit. through the milk.

I take Chlorella and spirulina. Both of these help me to not feel tired/no energy during the day. I started taking these somewhat recently, so I do not know how they would affect how I feel while pregnant. They also help my thyroid, as my morning temp is always more normal when I take these. Otherwise it is kind of low.

I take a greenfood powder (Hallelujah Acres Barley Max), not quite every morning, but most, in a fruit smoothie. This affects my milk production, meaning I produce better. I have never struggled with oversupply/undersupply, but I can tell when I take this, there is just always plenty there, instead of just enough.

I also take cod liver oil ((fermented cod liver oil from Green pastures).

While nursing, should take Nursing mothers tea, but I very rarely remember that.

And when pregnant, I take (sometimes) a tea of Red raspberry, nettles, and alfalfa. A few weeks before birth, I add oatstraw to it. (I use loose leaves, so 1tsp. of each).

But, one of the most important things you could do is with your diet. So avoiding GMO, hormone and antibiotic laden animal products, and replacing them with grassfed, GMO free and/or organic options. Eating lots of vegetables, avoiding GMO ones, like corn. I buy probably at least two thirds of my fruit and veggies organic. And avoiding white flour/sugar products and replacing those with whole grains, and natural sweeteners--like maple syrup, honey, evaporated cane juice crystals, rapudura, sucanut, etc. And avoiding processed foods, and replacing them with homemade or just less processed/healthy alternatives. And, drinking water, or kombucha/other healthy drinks, instead of pop, etc.

I firmly believe diet makes a big difference, as least that is what I have experienced myself. I had basically no morning sickness with either of my two. It was just for a few weeks, I would feel just slightly queasy if I got too hungry, or thinking about eating a couple things. I also had very easy labors and births. But, I think when you give your body what it needs, it can than do it's job so much better!

Hope that helps a little!