Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-21-2010, 12:26 PM   #11
BrittBBT
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: More pee pee problems....

I'm in the boat w/ Shauna. But you said you didn't want to " have his penis cut" so... if he IS circ'd, that is a moot point. But if he isn't, how would anyone know what his glans looks like?
Anyway, I feel terrible for your little boy and for you also. My EBF DS used to have severe constipation where it just was too hard/compacted to come out and he would scream just trying to poop. It only got better w/ a laxative given daily. Different scenerio, but I'm just trying to say that I understand!!

Advertisement

Brittany-mama to a bunch!Wife to Joseph Missing Zahra and Jayden my NCC and SAHM to Evan (5) Gavin & Bryce (3) and Avery (10.27.11)My planned UC, Daddy-caught Boobie Monster! 8lbs, 20'' long and 14'' head circum.
BrittBBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:28 PM   #12
Nickel+3
Registered Users
Formerly: nickel+2
seller

My Mood:

We had something very similar with our DS. He ended up having Staph infection on his pee pee. It took over a month to get rid of it once it was diagnosed, but it is all gone now and thank god he can pee again without any pain.

I hope your DS gets better soon and you can figure out what all this is

eta: my DS is circ'd
#4 due in October!
Nickel+3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:59 PM   #13
j+csmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittBBT View Post
I'm in the boat w/ Shauna. But you said you didn't want to " have his penis cut" so... if he IS circ'd, that is a moot point. But if he isn't, how would anyone know what his glans looks like?
Anyway, I feel terrible for your little boy and for you also. My EBF DS used to have severe constipation where it just was too hard/compacted to come out and he would scream just trying to poop. It only got better w/ a laxative given daily. Different scenerio, but I'm just trying to say that I understand!!
Yes, he is circ'd but that was all before I became as "crunchy" and educated as I am now.... Did it more out of "it's the thing to do" than anything else.

I do think we're just gonna go back to the urologist and see if she has any more suggestions and if not, we may look into possible Cleveland Clinic or maybe Chicago U.??? I don't care if I have to travel to get my lil guy fixed....
Old 05-22-2010, 05:38 PM   #14
BrittBBT
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I understand, mama. My older DS is circ'd and for that same reason.

I think at this point you need to step on some toes to find out what is going on. Do what you gotta do, to get to the bottom. Good luck!!!
Brittany-mama to a bunch!Wife to Joseph Missing Zahra and Jayden my NCC and SAHM to Evan (5) Gavin & Bryce (3) and Avery (10.27.11)My planned UC, Daddy-caught Boobie Monster! 8lbs, 20'' long and 14'' head circum.
BrittBBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:43 PM   #15
kittyn
Registered Users
seller

Is the urologist talking about a full meatotomy when they're talking about expanding the urethra? My son has had to have this done as a probable complication of his circumcision, but he was 3 1/2 when they did the meatotomy. We never had any of the oozing/bleeding stuff happen, in fact I didn't think anything about it until he could not (not refused to, could not) potty train.

If this is what they are wanting to do, a few words:

First, don't google it. Just don't, the only pictures you'll find are of adult men who have had this done as a body modification, so is MUCH more extreme than actual surgically needed procedure.

Past that, my son also had an undescended testicle, so had both surgeries done at the same time, and he was not bothered by them, at all really. We had to get inventive in our ways of keeping him still enough to heal and the only medication he was on was a low dose of tylenol as needed. So I don't think it will cuase to much trauma to your little guy, though the bruising might look a little nasty.

Finally, it is possible to use a tube/spreader to stretch the urethra, but most Dr's won't mention this because it isn't a sure shot like the surgery. It's possible that this will tighten back down to the point of the original constriction, or even further. At which point you have to have the meatotomy done anyway, but in the terms of options, it's worth mentioning or asking if you're trying to avoid the surgical procedure.

Sorry for the length of this, but it's something I actually have some knowledge on. If you've already made the mistake of Googling and seeing some of the creepy images, My son has a slightly visible scar up the underside of his glans and a tiny 'slit' through the very tip, everything is 'intact' now, and works fine without any issues.

Last edited by kittyn; 05-22-2010 at 08:45 PM.
kittyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:22 AM   #16
j+csmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I called the urologist this morning finally... They're gonna try to work him in this week to check him out again. I'm really hoping for more answers, but I'm sure I'll get none. I'm also thinking about e-mailing the cheif of urology at the children's hospital to kinda get his input, but don't really know how to word things... Hopefully, if nothing else, we can get a referal to a different ped. urol. elsewhere.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:18 AM   #17
kittyn
Registered Users
seller

If your listed location is right, I highly recommend Riley Hosp. for Children in Indianapolis. One of the only hospitals I've ever been to where they actually listen to the mommy and are willing to work with you on everything from exams to treatments, and more importantly, don't judge immediately on your decisions. Big bonus being that most of the Dr's there actually like kids, and are comfortable around them, and actually want to help rather than just poke around 8 million times and hope to figure out what's wrong
kittyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:05 PM   #18
j+csmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Soooo..... Still no answers. AAAHHHH!!!! We did go to yet another derm. The urol. just really feels that it's "not' a urological issue because of all the crusting and bleeding. So this derm that we saw today swore to me that she's gonna do what she has to in order to figure this out for us. Her first step is yet another elimination diet, ugh. Get rid of dyes, which we've basically done anyways. She also ordered some blood work because there are some skin disorders that can cause blistering like he's been getting and she wants to get diagnostic proof that he doesn't have psoriasis (sp?). Next she wants us to come in the very same day that he gets his next blister and they're gonna do a culture to check for virus, bacteria, fungus. Lastly, if all of this fails, she does think that a biopsy would be in order... And I have to say, I will agree to it because I have a good feeling about this dr and my mom gut is starting to tell me that it's probably gonna have to happen... So, just keep my lil guy in your thoughts for me and hope that we can figure it out before we get to the biopsy stage. Thanks for all the thoughts and advice. I love you mamas!!!!
Old 06-08-2010, 09:28 PM   #19
Crew&West
Registered Users
Formerly: Crewsmom
seller

Re: More pee pee problems.... *Kinda* Update in post 18

WOW! First of all to you mama! I don't know what to say but I would be at the point of agreeing with anything to see if it gets you somewhere! I can't imagine the heartache and frustration you both are going through!
Old 06-09-2010, 03:06 PM   #20
j+csmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: More pee pee problems.... *Kinda* Update in post 18

This morning he woke up crying that his parts hurt... There was blood in his dipe. There's been blood in his undies. But no blisters.... I don't know what to do in this situation. He about broke my heart too. He looked up at me with one giant tear and said, "mama, I just wanna get better...."