Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-13-2015, 08:33 AM   #1
7arrows4God
Registered Users
seller
seller

Prestuff or stuff as you go-your pocket diapers and why?

Well after years of fitteds and wool we have switch to pockets and hemp refolds and wow, loving them. The last couple months we have been dealing with very bad wetness rash and even some welts and they are almost gone after 3 days, noticed a difference the first day. WOW

Anyways, do you pre stuff your pockets and have them ready or do you stuff as you change?

What do you find easiest and why. Have you done both and decided one was better?

Thanks for your info. , I appreciate it.

Advertisement

Canadian mama to 13 blessings ds(18), ds(17), ds(15.5), ds(13.5), dd(11.75), ds(10), ds(8.5), ds(6.5), dd(5.5), dd(3.5), dd(2.5) , ds(15 months) and #13 due end of AUGUST. And yes that is while nursing night and day. :O)
7arrows4God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:44 AM   #2
teacherpippi
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Prestuff or stuff as you go-your pocket diapers and why?

I prestuff- usually while watching TV or listening to NPR at night. It's not a big deal to stuff as you go, but it's nice to have things all ready.
teacherpippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:54 AM   #3
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've always pre stuffed at night usually infront front of the tv. I mostly use them at night and daycare though so have more of a reason to. I think they'd take up more room separated also stuffing as your go seems to take the "easy as disposables" to put on part out of it.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:57 AM   #4
7arrows4God
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yes, that was what I was thinking that they would take less space plus easier for any of the other children to help change too. Only thing do you make separate pile for day diapers then and night diapers? Also for my kids kid night pockets too...
Canadian mama to 13 blessings ds(18), ds(17), ds(15.5), ds(13.5), dd(11.75), ds(10), ds(8.5), ds(6.5), dd(5.5), dd(3.5), dd(2.5) , ds(15 months) and #13 due end of AUGUST. And yes that is while nursing night and day. :O)
7arrows4God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:00 AM   #5
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Once they are stuffed I would separate them obviously (well if you stuff them differently). I wouldn't bother other than that personally.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:08 AM   #6
libbygood
Registered Users
seller

I prestuff as well. Easier for DH! 😊
We have a four drawer changing table. Top drawer is night time diapers stuffed with Flip diapers. We have designated solid color Rumparooz for night time. Middle two drawers are prestuffed pockets for day time. Bottom drawer is extra stuffing materials and newer pockets on reserve.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:16 AM   #7
momma2Mimi07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For my sanity I pre stuff!

Chasity- Momma to Mia, Eva, & Leo
Expecting Sweet Baby#3 in Early May
momma2Mimi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 10:11 AM   #8
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I generally pre-stuffed (either pocket-fitteds or breathable fleece pockets), and then I had them organized by HOW they were stuffed (some were for daytime, some naps, some nights). This made it really easy to do a quick change, and for DH to do a change. Even now, our DS2 is almost 6 but wears a diaper at night. If all the pre-stuffed pockets are in the laundry, DH claims there are no diapers even though there are 3 wraps for trifolding

However, I got burned out stuffing/unstuffing all the time, so I also had Ai2s, fitteds, and wraps for trifolding. They are what got me through, because there were several times I just got so tired of pre-stuffing pockets.

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 11:02 AM   #9
staceyeileen
Registered Users
seller

I hate stuffing pockets. I always pre-stuffed just enough for daycare, and then for at home we stuffed as we went.
staceyeileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 01:27 PM   #10
imnotacodfish
Registered Users
seller

I stuff as I go because I don't always use the same inserts. I also have a variety of styles so she doesn't always use pockets. I have two night specific pockets that I pre stuff because I always use the same inserts in those.
imnotacodfish is offline   Reply With Quote