Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-09-2011, 09:51 PM   #1
cmsherman14
Registered Users

Motherease bedwetter pants or super undies nighttime undies?

Hi Ladies,

I'm never on here, but I need some advice! My 4.5 yo DD has been potty trained since 22 months, but still needs a diaper at night. I was a bedwetter until quite old and she is also an extremely sound sleeper so I expect we'll need nighttime protection for quite awhile. She's been in a regular sposy diaper (not a pullup) since she grew out of our biggest diapers. I'm not having a problem with leaking, but I hate spending the money and having that yucky stuff next to her skin, so I'd like to switch back to cloth. I did try the Happy Heinys training pants for awhile stuffed with a prefold, but they were hard to stuff, the snaps dug into her sides and they seemed tight on her thighs.

I just came across the Motherease bedwetter pants and the Super Undies Nighttime Undies. Both have seemed to get great reviews and they're the same price, but I'd just love to hear if people have used them and prefer one over the other. She has no issues with wearing a diaper at night so the "look like underwear" concern probably isn't an issue, though she has started talking about wearing underwear at night. I like the fact that she can get them on/off herself which would be a huge plus since we have to do her diaper every night and she'd be able to go to the bathroom when she comes in our bed. Oh, and she's also very tall for her age and skinny (about 44" and 42#) if that makes a difference.

So any thoughts on what you like (or if you have problems with either) would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisement

cmsherman14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:35 PM   #2
LilyMama6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Motherease bedwetter pants or super undies nighttime undies?

I was just on searching for nighttime options and found this. I saw that no one responded... but did you ever try one or the other? I have your exact same question and our daughters are the exact same age and size. Would love to know if you have any personal experience now.
LilyMama6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:21 AM   #3
Belle's Mamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been using the Motherese Bedwetters and they have been keeping my 5.5 yo super soaker's sheets dry. They are easy to pull up & down for him even though he does have some fine & gross motor difficulties (he's probably on par with a 4.5 yo w/ his motor development). The pant has an absorbent layer attached to the waterproof exterior as well as an additional soaker that is sewn inside at the front and back (like the original bG! organic AIOs). B/c the soaker is sewn in it isn't a problem when pulling up, it speeds up drying time No red marks or complaints about discomfort & he LYK if they were bothering him at all.
A few things to KIM, they have a very low rise. This hasn't been a problem for us but ig your DD is a supsersoaker and sleeps on her tummy it potentially could be an issue. They are SUPER poofy. It's almost comical how puffy they are. But more fabric=more absorbency when it comes to CDs and these are extremely absorbent.
If you do try these, I'd prep them several times to maximize that absorbency. Also, thoroughly rinse them out in the sink as soon as she takes them off in the morning. Preschooler/ kindergartener overnight diapers are beyond noxious after a day or two so rinsing them out very thoroughly and washing them that day with your whites, towels or anything else you wash on extra hot. Make sure you turn them inside out to wash and dry. So, I'd definitely suggest giving them a try. I may at some point or another try the Superundies Bedwetters b/c my son loves the colors but I am very happy with the Motherease.
Belle's Mamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:33 AM   #4
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we have both. my son prefer the superundies. I think they are more comfortable on him (I think he prefer the material against his skin -- but I might be putting words in his mouth cause he never specifically told me this). I prefer the motherese bedwetter it holds more.

PROS Bedwetter - holds more due to not compression leaks
CONS Bedwetter - Hard for LO to tell the front from the back if getting dress himself
SOSO Bedwetter - for washing its best to turn inside out then flip the extra piece up again so its a bit of handling

PROS Superundies - cute for user, and easy to tell back from front
CON Superundies - Microfiber AIO - if you have any washing issues this could fall into that category simply from being a MF AIO. I don't love the tongue insert. I feel it only works folded in half, otherwise it goes through the tunnel and the other end is just flapping around. My son can get his toes stuck on the tunnel fabric when putting it on, but he doesn't seem to mind.
SOSO Superundies - When my son was peeing alot at night, I found they were less likely to leak if I put a hemp insert folded in the tongue insert before tucking in the tunnel. i don't think it really needed the extra few oz of absorbency I think it's just a compression leak thing and it gave the urine someplace more stable to go, even if it was just a few oz (I use hemp that holds about 4oz soaking wet)
-Since you have to untuck the tongue out of the tunnel almost as much handling

Some of the super undies issues might solved by not tucking the tongue in but then I wonder if itll stay in place when being put on by a preschooler.

If my dd needs trainers when she is 2+ I will probably get her bedwetters, though I may mark them to help tell the back from the front (I so don't want to I just can't come up with anything else)
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool and my Tinkle Traps Review. DESTASHING HERE!

Last edited by Pixi6s; 07-18-2014 at 09:34 AM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 12:24 PM   #5
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Bedwetters really easy and work great.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:07 PM   #6
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The first 2 post on this are old and older. oh well
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool and my Tinkle Traps Review. DESTASHING HERE!
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:47 AM   #7
Belle's Mamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

LOL. I just noticed the date! Fortunately, this is a question lots of mamas have as the Motherease and SuperUndies are really the only available cloth pull-ups that are truely nighttime worthy. At least it wasn't wasted effort in that respect.
Belle's Mamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 12:19 AM   #8
Smooglie
Registered Users
seller

Definitely helpful for me! I ordered some pull-ups from Etsy and they even leaked for nap. I'm washing my infant daughter's dipes every other day anyway, so would rather have my son in cloth than sposies (expensive!!) - no extra cost to wash with hers. I hadn't heard of the SuperUndies, but sounds like ME is the way to go. That's the brand I'm using for my daughter and I love it. Thanks for the info!
Smooglie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 12:24 AM   #9
Smooglie
Registered Users
seller

Yowza, expensive! (On both counts.) Be nice if he would just stop wetting his bed. (He's only 3, but a mama can dream.)
Smooglie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 06:10 PM   #10
biokac
Registered Users

This post was super helpful. I'm trying to figure out what to do with my two bedwetters and have been researching just this
biokac is offline   Reply With Quote