Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-26-2010, 01:59 PM   #21
elvenmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Standards for diapers on the FSOT boards

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripmomplus1 View Post
This is the reason I only buy new diapers anymore, my idea of EUC is not the same as other peoples and I just never know what I am going to get. I have also heard of people putting up diapers as New (as in never used) and they come to people with stains and very obviously used. It's happens enough around here that I am willing to hold on to my paypal just a bit longer while I wait for a deal to pop up somewhere so I can get the diaper new for the same price being asked for it used or "new" here. It's sad, but it seems that the FSOT around here has been crazy with issues lately, so I am just not willing to take a chance.
Exactly! I only buy new for this reason. I just don't want to take the chance.

Advertisement

elvenmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 02:00 PM   #22
beaute_marquee
Registered Users

My Mood:

A lot of times I don't leave feedback rather than leaving negative feedback. I'm afraid that someone will see that I've left negative feedback and not want to sell to me. It may work against some people to do that, though. I wish feedback was anonymous so I didn't have to worry about that, but then anyone could trash someone without even having bought from them. Maybe if the mods were the only ones who could see the names? I don't know.
I do agree that it would be nice to have a better standard for FSOT. I haven't had any major diaper issues yet, but I keep hearing things. I also haven't bought recently because it seems everyone is trying to sell used dipes at new prices. I'd rather just buy new.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:18 PM   #23
littleleaf
Registered Users
Formerly: jcha***h
seller
seller

My Mood:

It's a good idea, but you need to define what you mean by "wear". I think the guidelines would need to be a lot more specific to work. Plus, I think that sellers should include a good, detailed description even if they are going to use the EUC terms. I think the only terms that everyone would agree about would be New, or like new. I think some people would argue that a new diaper washed with other dirty diapers is not "like new". It would be "unused, but washed with other diapers".

Also, like a pp said, maybe the softness/crunchiness should be described.

I always include a description along with my assessment of EUC/GUC etc, and as a buyer, I always ask questions.
SPOTS - new Thirsties and more ISO Jujube, Carters, Gymboree, Zutano girl clothes 18 months
littleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 02:29 PM   #24
mommycissa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flmamao2 View Post
I completely agree, not only guidelines for diapers but wool as well! I can say Im less than happy with some items purchased
I paid $40 or $45 for a pair of wool pants that were listed in EUC. The pics looked great. But when I received them, they looked like they were splattered with dirt (like dirt stuck to lanolin kinda). Thankfully, I finally got brave enough to soak them in oxyclean over 48 hrs. and it got most of it out. But what a pain and disappointment!

I didn't have the heart to say anything to the mama I bought them from.

Get 35% Off YesToTomatos Skin and Hair Products! I love Yes To, and I think you would too! Click the link http://www.push44.com/wzrv9gzf for a special offer from Yes To!
mommycissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 02:36 PM   #25
Kaboom
Registered Users
Formerly: ErinMartin
seller

My Mood:

I'm done with FSOT right now because some of the last few things I've purchased were not as described. They aren't bad at all, but not the 'like new' condition they should have been... I'd rather pay retail and have the option of returning!

Kaboom Pocket Pants Pattern!
Use code 'DSMAMA10' at checkout for 10% off!
Kaboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 02:51 PM   #26
kutie.pie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You put it perfectly. Honestly, I don't always know what to label my diapers as. It'd be nice to have guidelines to follow to help me explain the condition of the diaper, instead of going into a long description of me rambling on about the diaper.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:58 PM   #27
iowaherper
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wish that we had a standard, too!

I just got triple fluffy mail and it should be a good happy day... but the interlock is scratchy and faded (listed as EUC), the knit shorties smell (EUC), and my fitted has balding and a hole along the elastic casing (VGUC with no issues).

I don't know if it is an honesty or incompetence issue. I wish that I new more local mamas to trade with and buy from! Love the fluff, hate "being had."
iowaherper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:06 PM   #28
rohirette
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockknockknockin View Post
That's interesting that you say that...because it seems like almost everybody has 100% positive feedback scores, yet there are always tons of complaints about diapers not being as good as advertised. Something doesn't add up there.
You are right about that.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:09 PM   #29
rohirette
Registered Users
seller

You know, many women do this because they know we are afraid to leave negative feedback. They may have a "different standard" as to what is EUC, but then they just embellish a little bit...
Old 06-23-2010, 05:16 PM   #30
Mommy2Zara
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockknockknockin View Post
That's interesting that you say that...because it seems like almost everybody has 100% positive feedback scores, yet there are always tons of complaints about diapers not being as good as advertised. Something doesn't add up there.
I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that there are no posted guidelines. It's more of a judgement call and is open to interpretation. It's really hard to leave negative (or even neutral) feedback for an item that is not "as described", when the description is based on personal opinions. If there was a more detailed guideline posted, I think it'd be easier to leave feedback based on whether or not the item meets the "standard" for the description you are using.