Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-30-2010, 09:51 AM   #11
MunkyCrazy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Lactational Amenorrhea Method

I followed LAM with older DS and had to night wean at 10 months to get AF back so we could ttc again when he turned 1.

DS 2 gets pacifiers and we just started solids in the last week, but I don't think AF will come back for at least a few months. We still co-sleep and he nurses a lot at night. Still, I'm going to be looking into backup methods soon since I want to wait a little while before having more.

Advertisement

Old 05-30-2010, 11:14 AM   #12
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:

It worked for us 4 times..lol. I dont get PP AF until around 13 months. The biggest for us is nursing on demand. I nurse all the time, lol. whenever baby wants it even if its just for 2 minutes. I do not trust it after 6 months so we start using barrier methods after that until my cycle returns and then we use NFP.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:07 PM   #13
CaptainUnderpants'Mom
Registered Users
seller

This is an old thread but for anyone who might happen on it and want more info, we have been doing LAM and so far so great. DS is almost 1yr and no sign of PP on the horizon. I have stuck to the rules up until 6 mos. when we introduced solids but even now his primary source of nutrition is probably still BF'ing. Or at least half.
I can say that I think it helps to be thin as weight does affect cycles and hormones. I lost weight so rapidly after having DS, I have been 2 sizes smaller than my pre-pregnancy size for 6 mos. now. At first I was very concerned but now I realize this is how my body is when BF'ing. For me, it's part of the Amenorrhea.
My husband and I have worried a little that by the time we WANT to get pregnant again (probably in about 6 mos.) I may still not be fertile!
Won't be a big deal
CaptainUnderpants'Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:15 PM   #14
juliasmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I would not rely on LAM if you cannot get pregnant! I meet EVERY criteria of ecological breastfeeding (except the daily naps ) and I ovulated (ewcm, + opk and temp shift) before my AF returned at
5 months pp. I was very lucky not to get pregnant!
Old 11-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #15
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

We did it all minus the naps and I didn't get AF back until 17 months PP. got pregnant the first month though. I am on 8 months with DD2
Old 11-06-2012, 08:57 PM   #16
Meredith+2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've used it three times successfully. AF stayed away 2+ years with each of my first two, and 14 months and counting this time. I feel like I've won the LAM lotto!
Meredith+2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:43 PM   #17
cathplyr
Registered Users
seller

There is too much estrogen in the environment from the pesticides in the food to the pvc and bpa in plastic containers so this is not reliable anymore as it was 25 yrs ago.
cathplyr is online now   Reply With Quote